Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Putting up Christmas

Now it is December and Thanksgiving is all done. Around the house we have started to put up Christmas decorations. Friday me, my friend Rachel, and her sister-in-law Rachel went out shopping for Black Friday. As it has been in the past I got a lot of stuff and most of my Christmas shopping is done. Just a few little things need to be picked up. Saturday was a day of rest and relaxing after staying up and shopping the day before. James was very helpful and let me get my much needed rest. I guess he knew if I didn't get enough rest I would be grouchy. So Sunday we went to church and rested for a little while and did some housework. But by late afternoon we got the Christmas stuff out of the attic and started to get the lights up. By this time James was not feeling the greatest but he was a trooper and helped me put the lights up around the trees out front. Thanks honey.
I got the tree up in the house and then yesterday I put up the village my grandma gave me. (I wasn't able to put the lights with it this year) My grandma in Indiana had this wonderful village that she has always put up in her house. She offered me the village last year and I was very excited. A few years ago I started my own but since I have been married my village disappeared from one Christmas to the next. I know with grandma's village that will never happen. So grandma thank you so much for the village I will continue to put it up every year until one my children or grandchildren decide they want it.
So here are a few pictures:






3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so awesome about the village... gma will love that!!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks really nice I know the kids will enjoy it so much. Keep it going thru the family.

Love ya

Aunt Sharon

Khrista said...

What a sweet gift your grandma gave you! And the girls look as sweet as ever! I love all the handmade ornaments on your tree too! :)